The blackface c and e models of the the Altec 1593, 1594, 1590 solid state amps I have seen usually don't
seem to have Peerless stamped on the power and output transformers like the earlier greenface models
I have seen.
Does anyone know if the later Altec blackface amp models still had transformers made by Peerless even
though they were not stamped with the Peerless stamp?
Also wondered if anyone knows the reason the early Altec solid state A amps used a positive ground?
Apparently the Navy had the "A" series Altec amps designed for them? Could it be if the amps were taken by the opposing
side they would blow up the enemy gear if they tried to use the amps without the input transformers? This is the
only guess I could grasp at as the reason for a positive ground...? don't laugh too hard at my reasoning,
just curious...






Bookmarks